No matter how you arrive in to Kirklees, and especially if it is for humanitarian protection reasons, if needed, there will be an offer of support available to:
- Help new arrivals to settle, orientate and support to understand and access key services and community activities
- Start to learn and practice English
- Support children/young people to start school and begin to progress in their education
- Encourage communities to have the opportunity to get to know who lives in their neighbourhood
- Support children and young peoples integration
- Support new refugees to prevent homelessness and destitution
Support available: This has changed due to COVID 19 and funding
Welcome Mentors -Third Sector Leaders.
Support to find and access ESOL – This Way for English Programme is a Partnership between Kirklees Council and Third Sector Leaders.
International New Arrivals – support for children and young people to start their education in Kirklees: Kirklees Council Children and Young People/Learning Service
Carry my Story – School linking: 35 schools working with 35 migrants , asylum seekers and refugees.
Support for new refugees, post decision support worker – Kirklees Council Housing Solutions
The above programme is funded by the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government. For more information on the programme please email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com