No matter how you arrive in to Kirklees, and especially if it is for humanitarian protection reasons, if needed, there will be an offer of support available to:
- Help new arrivals to settle, orientate and support to understand and access key services and community activities
- Start to learn and practice English
- Support children/young people to start school and begin to progress in their education
- Encourage communities to have the opportunity to get to know who lives in their neighbourhood
- Support children and young peoples integration
- Support new refugees to prevent homelessness and destitution
Welcome Mentors -Third Sector Leaders.
Support to find and access ESOL – This Way for English Programme is a Partnership between Kirklees Council and Third Sector Leaders.
Social clubs / meet learn and try sessions – run by Paddock Community Trust and Community Learning Works
International New Arrivals – support for children and young people to start their education in Kirklees: Kirklees Council Children and Young People/Learning Service
Young peoples engagement – Kirklees Council Youth Intervention Team
Carry my Story – School linking: 35 schools working with 35 migrants , asylum seekers and refugees.
Its Up to You – participatory budgeting starting 2020: Kirklees Council Cohesion Team
Support for new refugees, post decision support worker – Kirklees Council Housing Solutions
Neighbourhood approach to improving the local environment: Kirklees Council Streetscene and Housing Service and Communities Service focussing work in 2 electoral wards.
The above programme is funded by the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government. For more information on the programme please email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org