to download the leaflet please click here
From Migration Yorkshire: If you have been on the Migration Yorkshire Introduction to Migration Training there is no need to attend this as well as it covers some of the the same areas
As part of our Refugee Integration Yorkshire & Humber project, we are offering a free online workshop for organisations working with refugees and asylum seekers. The session will focus on supporting refugee refugees and asylum seeker integration and is targeted at individuals who work in key services that may come into contact with refugees and asylum seekers.
This session is pitched at an introductory level and is not suited to those who already have a good amount of knowledge experience of working with this group.
Attendees will gain:
- An understanding of the definitions of refugees and asylum seekers;
- An insight into the reasons people seek asylum;
- An awareness of different routes to protection such as asylum, resettlement and refugee family reunion; and
- Knowledge of the challenges and barriers to integration that refugees and asylum seekers may face in the UK.
The session takes place on Wednesday 16th December, 2-4pm. The session will take place via Zoom and joining details will be shared prior to the event. To register, please follow the link below.
Places are limited so please book early.
To book please click here
Solace and the Migration and Resettlement Team at Kirklees Council are delivering training to raise awareness about asylum seekers and refugees mental health and support available locally, the training is for council staff and partners.
Date and Time
Thu, 29 October 2020
10:30 – 12:30 GMT
outcome of the session
- Helping you to understand the mental health of asylum seekers and refugees
- Explaining Solace’s therapeutic services and how to refer asylum seekers and refugees to Solace
- Raising awareness of signposting asylum seekers and refugees to other organisations
- Giving strategies for communicating with asylum seekers and refugees
- Expanding awareness of issues of work with asylum seekers and refugees and self-care
to book your place:
Migration Yorkshire and Kirklees Council are delivering “Introduction to Migration” training for Kirklees Council staff, partners and volunteers work with refugees, asylum seekers and migrants who are living in the UK.
Training will be held via Zoom and link will be sent prior to the training.
Tuesday, 3rd Nov 1.30pm – 4pm
Would you benefit from knowing more about the EU Settlement scheme (EUSS)? If you have service users, volunteers, friends, family or colleagues who need to apply for EUSS we can help you to help them with some free online training.
This is a joint work between Kirklees Council and Citizen Advice and Law Centre to deliver six sessions about EU Settlement Scheme.
The training will be delivered by Jamie McLean, and Teams platform will be used for the training.
1) How to recognise potential EUSS cases
2) What to do when you have identified an EUSS case
3) The requirements for an EUSS application / what needs to be in place at the outset
4) The deadline – and what happens afterwards
5) Status documents and the potential issues
Various dates available from:
Thursday 21 January 2021, 4pm ,
Thursday 11 February 2021, 4pm
Thursday 4 March 2021 4pm,
Thursday 25 March 2021, 4pm
Thursday 15 April 2021 4pm,
Thursday 6 May 2021, 4pm
click on the link below to book a place
DIP has launch a new, FREE, Government Funded, Accredited ONLINE Training Programmes, which is now available across West Yorkshire to all Adult (19+) Learners, with a particular focus on the unemployed.
Click here for the training leaflet for the new Accredited Online Training Programme, which learners can benefit from the comfort of their homes,at times to suit their convenience, all the way from initial contact/referral right through to achieving their qualification/s. Learners will also benefit from dip’s excellent One-to-One Tutor Support over the phone and/or via web-conferencing, whichever is suitable/convenient for learners.
The new qualifications covered 14 subject areas :
• Digital Skills / IT • Health & Social Care
• Employability • Counselling
• Customer Service • Information, Advice & Guidance
• Retail • Managing Your Money
• Warehousing & Storage • Safeguarding & Prevent
• Business • Equality & Diversity
• Digital Marketing & Social Media • Data Protection
Referrals for the new Accredited Online Training Programmes can now be made via:
• Phone: 0800-279 786 1 or 01924 474849 (Mon to Fri: 9.30am to 5pm)
• E-Mail: email@example.com (24hrs)
• Web: www.dip.training (24hrs)
SaferKirklees and KirkleesWelcomes are working together to deliver online safeguarding training.
Anyone from the voluntary sector organisations’ staff and volunteers are welcome.
It’s free but you need to book via Eventbrite link. Each link has a password to access to it.
1. Domestic abuse
2. Modern Slavery
3. Honour based abuse
If you have any questions please contact Karen.Booth@kirklees.gov.uk or Abed.Moubayed@kirklees.gov.uk