Kirklees Council and Migration Yorkshire are delivering an introduction to migration training session
Date: 16 June 2021
Time: 09:30 – 12:00 BST
Aims of the day
To provide an overview of migration in Kirklees for officers, managers, frontline staff and partners of the Council.
- Officers, managers, frontline staff and partners responsible for both strategic and operational management and frontline service delivery;
- Officers, managers, frontline staff and partners representing diverse communities;
- Officers, managers, frontline staff and partners who may have no or little knowledge on migration issues;
- Officers, managers, frontline staff and partners who want to increase their understanding of migration issues in the area.
By the end of the course participants will:
- Understand different types of migrant groups and different routes of entry to the UK
- Understand the patterns of migration in the local area and the region and the impact this has on service delivery
- Understand some of the key current issues relating to migration
- Understand some of the challenges that can affect migrants and communities with migrants and how Councils and other services may respond to some of these challenges.
- Understand the support available in Kirklees through #KirkleesWelcomes
The event can be accessed from Zoom or Skype for Business
For further information, please contact Abed Moubayed email@example.com. Tel no: 01484 221000
Book via eventbrite