There are now Easy Read resources available in English:
The Department of Health and Social Care have updated their leaflet of guidance on how to care for someone when they leave hospital.
- ‘Improving disability data to understand the effects of Covid-19 on people with different impairment types’
The Office of National Statistics (ONS) have published a research report on the use of predictive modelling and administrative health data to provide more detail on the effects of COVID-19 on disabled people.
- ‘Unequal impacts: How UK immigration law and policy affected migrants’ experiences of the Covid-19 pandemic’
The Joint Council for the Welfare of Immigrants (JCWI) have published a new report, co-authored with PILC, “Unequal Impacts: How UK immigration law and policy affected migrants’ experiences of the Covid pandemic.
Key findings from JCWI research:
- Covid-19 and the Government’s handling of the crisis have further weakened an already-broken immigration & asylum system
- The immigration system, including Hostile Environment policies, have exacerbated the impact of Covid-19 on migrants and undermined public health efforts
- Migrant communities, particularly those with insecure immigration status, have been disproportionately impacted by Covid-19
- Changes brought in by the Home Secretary during the pandemic mark the start of a wider set of sweeping changes to the immigration & asylum system