We are looking for 3 x applicants who can speak English and Arabic or English and Pashto/Dari
You will work as part of a team to support children, young people and their families who are International New Arrivals [INA) which include asylum seekers, refugees and economic migrants, and children missing in education who have arrived in-to Kirklees and require educational provision.
You will work in partnership with other services e.g., Schools, Early support, C & K Careers, housing, health, and the voluntary sector to develop and extend effective home school liaison and positively impact on family integration, well-being, school attendance and pupil attainment.
You will need:
- NVQ 3 or equivalent in a relevant subject e.g., health, social care or education
- Proficient in IT.
- Ability to work flexibly to meet the needs of the service
- Driving licence or able to travel independently across Kirklees
- Experience of working positively with children and families
- Experience of working in partnership with other agencies e.g. Early Support, Social Care, schools, health, housing
- Knowledge and understanding of the process of language acquisition
In order to be shortlisted for this job please provide examples of how you meet the skills, knowledge, experience and qualifications as detailed on the attached Job Profile. CVs will not be accepted.Closing date
11 November 2021, 11:55 PM
For more information and job description please visit Kirklees Council jobs page