New Translated Resources
UK.gov have produced new holistic translated guidance on how everyone can help stop the spread of coronavirus. The guidance is organised into the following sections; Protect yourself and others, Keep a safe distance (social distancing), Remember the basics of good hygiene, Wear a face covering, Let fresh air in (ventilation), Get tested if you have symptoms, Self-isolate if you have COVID-19 symptoms or a positive COVID-19 test result, Self-isolate if you live with someone or are a contact of someone who has COVID-19, Vaccination
UK.Gov have produced guidance for households with possible or confirmed coronavirus infection organised into the following headings; Symptoms, Tests for COVID-19, Main messages, If you have COVID-19 symptoms or have received a positive COVID-19 test result, If you live in the same household as someone with COVID-19Visitors to the household, How COVID-19 is spread, Reducing the spread of COVID-19 in your household, Looking after your health and wellbeing, Financial or other practical support
Doctors of the World UK (DOTW) offers leaflets with health and wellbeing information for young refugees and unaccompanied asylum-seeking children (UASC) and young people (YP) living in the UK.
Kirklees Councils’ Communication Team have produced downloadable translated resources related to vaccines.
An infographic series from Leeds Health Partnerships Team explaining shielding during lockdown 3. (Published January 2021)
Ask Doc have created a series answering FAQs about Covid vaccines, and sharing covid vaccination experiences.
New: “I’ve had by Covid Vaccination series:
- Dr Raja has had her Covid Vaccine: English, Urdu
- Dr Choudry has her covid Vaccine: Urdu
- Covid Vaccine: A patients story: English, Urdu
- more languages to come
8. New languages: Video – How does the Pfeizer vaccine work?
How Does the Pfeizer Vaccine Work? Videos published by Ask Doc: Feb 2021
9. New languages: Video – How does the Astra Zeneca vaccine work?
How Does the Astra Zeneca Vaccine Work? Videos published by Ask Doc: Feb 2021
A video encouraging vaccine uptake among people from “BAME” communities, has been aired across all major commercial UK broadcasters
NHS England has specific guidance on registering with a GP for different groups:
- Refugees and asylum seeking (and undocumented migrant) patients
- Gypsy, Roma and Traveller communities
- People experiencing homelessness
Public Health England have published guidance for healthcare practitioners on the health needs of migrant patients. The advice contains information on:
- No charges for coronavirus (COVID-19) testing, treatment and vaccination
- COVID-19 translated advice and guidance
- COVID-19 general advice and guidance
- Overseas travel advice during the COVID-19 pandemic
The Department for Education has updated their information and support for parents and carers of children who are learning at home. The guidance includes sections on:
- What you should expect for your child’s remote education
- Supporting your child during remote education
The National Institute for Health Research has created “COVID and Me Vaccine Dramas” – short films sharing conversations about vaccine research aimed at encouraging wide participation in studies.
Training and events
South Asian Health Foundation held a COVID-19 Vaccine Webinar on February 9th, ‘building on the SAGE findings and talking about vaccine uptake and hesitancy in ethnic minority populations.’
Migrant Info Hub Update Information.
- This roundup will be sent weekly on Fridays
- On the Updated Hub you can now search for resources by language, by topic or by date
- If you have any feedback on the format or content of this weekly roundup, or the Migrant Info Hub, it is warmly welcome
- Please feel free to share this information with your networks – new subscribers can sign up here
If you wish to unsubscribe please let us know at email@example.com