The second #LookCloser awareness week begins on Monday 8th February 2021.
In advance of this, we are pleased to share our latest version of the #LookCloser digital pack for you to share both internally with colleagues and with your external networks ready for the 8th February. We’re aware that forces continuing with County Lines Intensification Week from 1st February may want to begin using these resources prior to the 8th February and we can confirm we are happy with this as the #LookCloser key messages assist with the Pursue week.
#LookCloser is a partnership campaign with the National County Lines Co-ordination Centre and the British Transport Police, aiming to raise awareness of child exploitation and abuse, with a particular focus on public spaces. The campaign also seeks to highlight that child exploitation can happen anywhere, and any young person can be a victim.
Despite the government lockdown and social distancing measures being in place, young people are still being groomed, exploited and abused. We’re encouraging everyone to consider focusing on the public spaces which are still open and where exploitation may be most visible to the public. This could include parks, supermarkets, transport, banks and online environments like gaming and social media platforms.
The attached digital pack includes both public awareness material as well as resources for professionals which focus on the NRM and best practice in engaging young people.
The professionals briefing within the pack, asks colleagues to do the following:
- Share the poster and leaflet digitally. Only circulate physically where safe to do so.
- Use our social media assets to share our campaign online from the 8th February.
- Download our free professional materials. You may add these to your internal intranet sites or screensavers for colleagues to see.
- Copy and paste our email signature to help spread the message to your network.
- Visit our #LookCloser webpage to learn more and share our key messages. We have included some specific information for the banking sector, delivery drivers and taxis, ride shares and private hire vehicles
Thanks for your support in taking this campaign forward with us.
- look closer briefing
- Look closer poster
- Look closer leaflet
- Look closer slides
- Look closer social media
- Look closer screen saver
- Look closer screen saver2
- Look closer screen saver3
- Look closer screen saver4
- Look closer social asset
- Look closer social asset2
- Look closer social asset3
- Look closer email signature