Online workshop via WebEx
Thu, 2 July 2020
1:30pm – 3:30pm
This online workshop is aimed at LAs, charities, third sector organisations and faith and community groups who are already working with EU nationals and their families, or who are likely to come into contact with this group in the future. The purpose of the online workshop is to give frontline staff and volunteers a clear understanding of the process for EU citizens and their family members to apply to legalise their stay in the UK in preparation for Brexit. The workshop will include presentations and delegates will have the opportunity to ask questions.
Following the workshop, delegates will have a greater understanding of:
- What the EU Settlement Scheme is and what steps EU nationals must take to secure their status after Brexit.
- The rights that this new immigration status will give to EU citizens and their family members.
- What constitutes immigration advice and what support needs to be regulated.
- Where to signpost EU nationals to enable them to obtain other sources of support and further information.
This workshop is organised by Migration Yorkshire and Seraphus. To secure a place, please register at https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/eu-citizens-and-brexit-an-introduction-to-the-eu-settlement-scheme-registration-110091637050
Additional training option for complex cases
For those involved in supporting more complex cases, there is further free training, covering a range of subjects listed below; to register visit https://www.london.gov.uk/what-we-do/eu-londoners-hub/eu-settlement-scheme-adviser-training. I’m planning to attend all of the above so will share presentation/resources as I get them.
- An Overview of Complex Cases
- Working with the Elderly
- Applicants with Criminal Records
- Working with Homeless Citizens
- Working with Children