1. Aviva Community Fund
Aviva have broadened the criteria of the Aviva Community Fund to include applications for projects that enable causes to adapt or continue their vital services by covering core running costs, so they can help their beneficiaries and communities during this time of need.
Applications are now open for the next round of the Aviva Community Fund until 5th May. Just click the link above to find out more, and to apply.
2. One Community Foundation funding announcement
One Community Foundation for Kirklees has announced changes to their Coronavirus Fund. The grant making charity who is working with the National Emergency Trust to administer the fund, will now accept applications for up to £2,000 from Kirklees based charities and community groups who are responding to the Coronavirus crisis in Kirklees.
There is a new short form to complete, and applicants will need to supply a bank statement in the name of the group, and a copy of their constitution.
Previous applicants are welcome to apply again once they have completed a short evaluation form.
- Organisations that support the on-going needs of vulnerable people to ensure that their health and wellbeing is maintained
- Organisations in support of activities that relieve pressure on local statutory services, particularly emergency or health and social care provisions, or compliment their repose
- Groups and activities that support vulnerable people self-isolating (the elderly, people with pre-existing medical conditions, etc.)
- Support for food banks and organisations working to combat hardship caused by the pandemic, including child hunger
- Community response co-ordination
- Volunteer costs for new and existing organisations responding to the effects of the crisis
- Additional costs of working remotely and adapting services delivered in the wider community
- Additional support as required for emotional support, mental health and bereavement support
The fund is currently not accepting applications to counter the loss of income and fundraising.
To make an application please visit http://www.one-community.org.uk/looking-for-funding/coronavirus-emergency-fund.php If you would like to discuss your application please email Emma@one-community.org.uk